Monday, June 18, 2012

A conversation with Chinese and American students

On the wake of my previous post, I would like to share with you a video. Here it is.

It's really interesting, 'cause American and Chinese people talk openly about how they see each other. Some barriers seam possible to overcome, others less.

I constantly question myself asking: Are there cultural aspects you can accept and overcome and others you just can't?

In this video, they talk about PATIENCE, it is a good point indeed.

What about kidding? Is it possible to understand another culture's irony? Will you be able to laugh genuinely after some years living in another country? Is it possible to be able to have fun in a new way? After all, even laughing and having fun are culturally based concepts.

In Italy, we have a saying that goes: Moglie e buoi dei paesi tuoi. It basically means you should marry someone from your own country. ;-) I don't think I agree but my point is: To what extent can we actually overcome cultural differences? Can we do that in all contexts?

E.



No comments:

Post a Comment